Call For Special Session
The 10th edition of TENSYMP will be organized by IEEE Bombay Section at Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India from 1st -3rd July 2022 in hybrid mode. The theme of TENSYMP 2022 is “Technologies on the horizon for the benefit of humanity”.
Special Sessions are besought focusing on emerging technologies and industry-oriented topics. Special Session Organizers may be from academia, research organization or industries. Industry participation is strongly encouraged as SS Organizer/Co-Organizer, author and delegates.
Prospective SS Organizers are invited to submit the proposal in specialized areas within the regular technical tracks of TENSYMP 2022.
If you are interested to organize a special session, please send proposal via email to the Special Session Chair/Co-Chairs, at e-mail and including the following information:
- Title of the Special Session.
- Brief description of the area of concern (approx. 200 words) with special focus on why this is an interesting and significant topic? Provide the list of topics covered in the proposed SS.
- The name, contact information and brief biography of three or more special session organizers (organizers from different countries and institutes will be preferred), who are willing to promote the SS and organize a quality special session.
- A list of potential authors with their affiliations and contact details. (20 minimum)
- A list of potential reviewers with their affiliations and contact details. (20 minimum)
- The sponsoring IEEE Society/Chapter. (if any)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Once approved, it is the duty of the Organizers to publicize the Special Session among researchers and practitioners in the field and attract a sufficient number of papers.
Papers submitted to special sessions will undergo the same review process as regular papers. The special session organizers of the respective special session are responsible for organizing the review process, assuring at least three reviews per paper.
Conflict of Interest: Before starting the review process, SS organizers must explicitly declare papers which present a conflict of interest for them. A conflict of interest arises where the judgement of a paper quality can be influenced by the organizers being authors or knowing some of the authors. To ensure independent reviews, this conflict must be marked as such in the submission system and the SS Chair/Co-Chairs notified so that they can arrange the review process.
Successful SS: A minimum of 6 accepted papers with authors from at least 3 independent institutions (other than the organizers institutions) and two different countries is required for each session. SS organizers may be coauthors in maximum two papers in the same SS. If a session has too few papers, accepted papers will be allocated to relevant regular sessions wherever possible. In case of indication of weakly organized special sessions, the conference organizers will support the organizers with advice but reserve measures including cancellation of the respective special session.